Tuesday, February 10, 2009

perspective is all

perspective is allSo it's been a bit quiet on the old blogging and crafting front then? Not completely - I've been tinkering away at a few projects and even managed to give a private chainmaille class last week so my energy levels are returning slowly after The Plague.

One of the weaves I taught was this orbital chainmaille pattern. While I love the look of maille on its own, I prefer to use it as a 'host' for other bits of beading paraphernalia. In this case I've included some gorgeous chunky serpentine beads between the links and made a fresh spring choker.

helm chainmaille weave revisited I also had some fun with a parallel weave and some glass hoops. The glass hoops are not linked in but instead held in place by the interconnected jumprings. There is therefore no stress on the glass at all. Another fresh spring piece!

Last night I completed and catalogued another clutch of felty goodness which is being delivered to Place des Arts this afternoon. Goodies include some freshly felted soy and wool heart bowls, and two pairs of felted wrist warmers.

felty batch

.... and I also delivered a few items for display/sale at my local garden centre (thanks for the coffee and scone, Moira!).
design-a-day d4

Phew! I was busy. Maybe I'll tell you later what I did with my fuzzy balls tomorrow ...........
ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!