Thursday, May 05, 2011

self portrait thursday: it's not about me

OK, this is me :) with some gorgeous soap by Olive who will also be at Got Craft? market

Sometimes on this blog it just isn't about me (please continue reading - I know you are disappointed but a little suffering is good for the soul). This evening I'll be getting my fix of moi at my first Personal Narrative session back at college (an entire semester writing about myself, whee!) so today I really ought to give an illustrated portraiture shout out to 'people who will be selling alongside me' at Got Craft? this Sunday.

Roots exhibition
beautiful and exotic bib necklaces from Groovy Glass Girl

First off is the wonderful Poppy, aka Groovy Glass Girl who makes her own glass then conjures up incredible wearable pieces of art with them. Her work features stained glass, fusing and metalwork - check out her blog for a Mother's Day coupon you can use at the craft fair.

crafting 365/d81
Etsy meetup with Christi second from left
Next up is the talented whirlwind Christi aka Buenostyle who works with vintage components to create unique, stylish contemporary jewelry. She's a regular at craft markets like Portobello West and a total powerhouse of creativity.

Urband Fair Vancouver June 06 003
Nicole aka It's Your Life vending in front of an inflatable walrus (no, really)
... and my last (but by no means least)(drumroll please maestro) Nicole aka It's Your Life. I first met Nicole at a disastrous craft market where we shared a prime spot in the sweltering heat in front of an inflatable walrus. It got a little windy during the afternoon and the walrus ripped free of its moorings. We continued vending with this shredded barrage balloon flailing away behind us. I made very few sales: Nicole got a wholesale order. Sadly, this may be your last chance to see Nicole in action in Vancouver as she's headed to Toronto soon :(

Other worthy mentions (sans portrait - should remedy this soonish) are Kris of a cagey bee whose incredibly talented work appeared on the cover of Common Ground last year, Irit Sorokin Designs (another rival jeweller!!! but she's lovely and her work is soooo amazing), and Roxypop aka Andrea who, along with her other half, Rob, runs the Got Craft? craft fair series (and makes damn fine apple cosies as well as being an all round super gal).

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!